Planning your wedding in the midst of the holiday hustle and bustle comes with its own set of challenges. There are definite pros and cons to this time of year. We’ve gathered some things to keep in mind to help make sure your wedding is everything you’ve been dreaming of.
- Consider giving extra notice. Send your save-the-date as soon as possible to give your guests extra time to navigate their own holiday plans.
- Carefully consider your guest list. It’s likely more guests may decline an invitation due to conflicts. Try not to be too sensitive if a lot of regrets start coming in.
- Incorporate the holiday into your reception. Whether it’s Halloween, Christmas, or Valentine’s Day, take advantage! Have a spooky signature cocktail, incorporate deep greens and rustic branches, or bright reds and sparkling whites. Help your guests feel they aren’t missing out on the seasonal theme.
- Family First. You may be planning a kid-free wedding, however many of your guests might be reluctant to leave their kiddos around the holidays. You can always look into hiring some babysitters and offering kid-friendly activities.
- Be prepared for a price hike. Off-season or not, prices may be higher this time of the year due to vacations, holiday parties, etc. Hotels also book up quickly so keep that in mind when making your room block for out-of-town guests.
When you have your ideal date in mind, give our event planners a call at 973-907-7750. We’ll make sure your wedding day is the best day of your life, no matter what time of year it is.